1. Most nouns add –s in the plural
book –books student –students
2. If the noun ends in –s, -sh, ch, add –es
bus- buses church- churches watch- watches
3. If the noun ends in a consonant + y, the y changes to -ies.
country- countries party- parties
*But if the noun ends in a vowel + y, the y does not change.
boy- boys day-days
4. If the noun ends in f- ves
shelf-shelves wife-wives life-lives
5. Some nouns are irregular.
child- children (kids- informal word)
person- people woman-women man – men
6. Invariable nouns
Write the plural forms of the nouns
a. car b. glass c. dictionary d. woman
e. family f. address g. key h. person
i. sandwich j. baby k. foot l. tooth